27.7.05

knowing as two dimensional

our knowing is two dimensional -

we know the inside

we know the outside

all our knowledge is limited internal / external

our knowledge of ourselves our knowledge of the world

our vision in / out is always limited

my point is that consciousness always knows the inside
and outside

knowing is never just a matter of observing

never just a question of reflection

always the vision is two-dimensional

I know myself as I appear

I know myself as I do not appear

I know myself as non-appearance to the world

as an internality

as an experience - if you wish

(traditional empiricism conflates - attempts to reduce -
the outside to the inside and then to construct the external
- from the internal - it's a cat chasing its tail)

the point is we begin - we are - in the centre

consciousness is the centre

the meeting - the inside and the outside

the inside and the outside are real - they are not constructions

however the moment of knowing is never divided

thought - language - breaks down the unity of consciousness
the unity of experience (subjective / objective)